Monday, October 17, 2005

Los Amigos Invisibles


I was rummaging through the numerous, neglected stacks of cd's that dwell under my bed and I came across some stuff that I had forgotten about. It's pretty cool to rediscover something you already have. Venezuela's Los Amigos Invisibles have been one of my favorite bands of the past five years or so. There sound is a hybrid of styles and influences ranging from funk, salsa, acid-jazz, disco, bossa nova, and everything else in between. Already an underground hit in Caracas, they moved to New York in 1997 and signed with David Byrne's Luaka Bop label.







MP3: "Las Lycras del Avilia"
MP3: "Mango Cool" by Los Amigos Invisibles
from The New Sound of the Venezuelan Gozadera (Luaka Bop, 1998)
MP3: "Arepa 3000"
from Arepa 3000: A Venezuelan Journey Into Space (Luaka Bop, 2000)

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ durutti said...

Hey Chris --


great post! I love these guys.

in case you don't have 'em, i just sent (ysi) you the reggaeton remixes of los amigos invisibles' Esto Es lo Que Hay and los mocosos' Bandolera Era -- as a b-day present of sorts. -- cheers!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home